2.23.2009

Potty party!



Potty from IKEA for only $3.99

I can't be more excited about Conrad using his potty to go Numero Dos last night. No, we are not even attempting to potty train. We are encouraging him to use the potty instead of the tubby to do his business. Thus far, our attempts have been futile. We are usually not quick enough. Last night, Conrad initiated it himself. He attempted to climb out of the tub.

Wouldn't ya know, his 2 (yes, 2!!!) potties were no where in sight. We tracked one down in the living room, the other is still MIA. He sat right down and I handed him a toy to play with and he did his business. I was so excited (more excited at the thought of not having to clean a tub and all his dang tub toys). We wiped and then he squatted and did more business on the floor (1 step forward, 2 steps back people!). He went back on the potty and finished it up.

I'm hoping this trend will continue on a semi-regular basis. I'm just happy he is familiar with the urge to go and held it until we tracked down a potty. I'm going on the hunt for the other potty when I get home. I mean really, where could he have put it? No telling!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Conrad!!

I want the potty that prints out stickers when your little one goes to the bathroom in it.

Liz Huntsman said...

What a smart boy!!! Tyler has been having fun going pee in the potty (occasionally-I'm not forcing the potty training right now) but he has to stand up "like Daddy." He will NOT sit down. I don't know what I'm going to do. He pooped one time ... but while he was standing up. I thought he was trying to go pee, so I didn't even look. We washed hands and he went in his room and sat down on the carpet to get a diaper ... and I walked in to poop everywhere! Honestly, Conrad will be trained before Tyler. LOL! :)